SSProtect secures Account configuration data using a self-contained approach that supports migration to any host computer running the :Foundation Client. When combined with :Recover, you can quickly, easily, and securely re-provision an entire SSProtect environment with little effort.
This procedure can be carried out interactively by end-users or can be invoked with :Expand by central deployment personnel. See below for details.
Remote Profile Deployment Procedure
To provision an existing SSProtect Profile on another Host computer:
- Acquire the required version of the :Foundation Client using this article
- Install the software using insight from Quick Start articles
- Use the Registration Procedure as a guide for Provisioning
- Substitute your SSProtect Username and Password for Registration content
This will acquire the existing Profile's configuration data and configure the local Host computer for ongoing operation. In some cases, you may be returned to the Login dialog in which case you can re-enter your Password to continue, else you will be presented with the 1st-Time Use Startup Wizard, when appropriate.
NOTE: Use Advanced Login pages to adjust your local Profile name - this is not stored in KODiAC-managed content so it can be specialized for each Host instance.
Automatic Item Restoration
If you're using :Recover, and you have existing protected content, the first time you login to the new Host computer, SSProtect will recognize your managed content does not exist and subsequently prompt you to Restore content using the 1st-Time Use Startup Wizard:
If you choose Yes, SSProtect will Restore (technically Rebuild) the items actively managed by your Profile (that would be shown in the Hostlist portion of the Managed Files display).
Rebuild :Recover Archive Content
To acquire content that matches your Account configuration:
- Open the Managed Files/ Restore display using the notification icon's context menu
- Select all items in the Host List (which on a new Host will show up Missing)
- Choose Restore
- Choose Archive
- Select Managed Files from your Cloud :Recover Archive you wish to Restore
- Choose Restore to attempt placement in native target folders
- Choose Replicate to rebuild the target tree inside the Overflow Folder
Refer to the article, Restoring and Rebuilding, for additional insight into :Recover operations.
Silent Remote Profile Deployment
You can use :Expand to automate the process described above:
SSProtect -deploy <username> <password>
If you wish to automatically initiate a Rebuild operation, using default settings (that result in acquiring the latest instance of each managed item), use the optional -rebuild switch:
SSProtect -deploy -rebuild <username> <password>
More :Expand information will be included in these support pages soon. In the meantime, send questions to our Support team to better understand how it can be used to supplement related proceedings.
For More Information
For information regarding product features and content, consult the Document Index, or send email with specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was updated w/ v9.1.0 of the :Foundation Client